Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What is the Biggest Advantage of Homeschooling?


First is knowing my children and knowing they are being taught right spiritually, socially, and academically.

But a close second is the opportunities to learn all those things I never learned right or at all in school myself.

It is so much fun! I get excited about silly things like learning why the word “please” has an e at the end and what the term “Crossing the Rubicon” mean.

My children see me enjoy learning and it excites (or anyway, amuses) them.

Homeschooling is really for the benefit of the parents. Not only does our academic knowledge grow, but so does our patience (no one is born patient. It is a learned skill), organization (see note about patience), and self discipline (ditto).

No comments:

Post a Comment